National Ultrasound, the number one dedicated ultrasound supplier in the United States, is proud to announce the National Ultrasound Scholarship. As a leader in providing quality ultrasound equipment to medical professionals and as a company known for its expertise—our technicians have more than 250 years of collective experience working with equipment from the six largest ultrasound manufacturers—we desire to help the next generation achieve their educational dreams.
We believe in the hope and the promise that a good education represents. It can be the doorway to new opportunities and a better future for many young people. It’s the key that unlocks the door to a meaningful career and a promising tomorrow.
But with costs skyrocketing for a college education, that light of hope can be snuffed out before it even starts. The competition for scholarships and grants becomes more intense. And students face the prospect of large student loans that may take years to pay off.
Here at National Ultrasound, we know we cannot fix this societal issue, but our desire is to make a small dent in the problem for a handful of bright and deserving students.
The $500 National Ultrasound Scholarship will be awarded twice a year to help ease the burden of the high cost of a college education. Any student who is charting a course in the medical or veterinary fields are highly encouraged to apply; however, applications will be accepted from students in any major.
To apply for the National Ultrasound Scholarship, you must submit an original essay of up to 1500 words that describes how ultrasound or other medical equipment technology has changed the face of a college course and curriculum, or how advances in medical equipment technology have positively affected you or your family or friends. The essay can also include predictions of the future and how this area of study may continue to evolve.
Each entry should include the following:
- A printed copy of your essay with your complete contact information on each page (full name, street address, email address, and phone number) .
- A statement or transcript showing your current cumulative GPA (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
No additional material or documentation (such as tax returns, letters of recommendation, etc.) is needed or accepted. There is no formal entry form; simply follow the instructions on this page.
Please mail all materials to:
2730 North Berkeley Lake Rd., Ste. B-400
Duluth, Georgia 30096
Essays will be reviewed by a panel of National Ultrasound principles and employees, and will be based on originality, research, and quality of the essay submitted.
Please review the additional requirements below and good luck!
- Must be enrolled at an accredited high school, college, or university in the United States.
- Must be either in your final year of high school or enrolled at the undergraduate level in “good standing.”
- Must be age 16 or older.
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (or equivalent).
- Entries must be postmarked by June 21st for our summer entry Deadline
- No email or fax entries will be accepted. Entries must be sent by U.S. mail only.