No products in the cart.
COVID-19 emerged quickly in December 2019 and in a few short months has grown into a global pandemic. The world’s medical community has been tasked with identifying new cases, developing a vaccine, containing the spread of this virus through quarantine and the enormous task of treating those who are infected.
Currently, the World Health Organization (WHO) states: “Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing.”...“People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.”
COVID-19 pneumonia is a complication of the virus which has caused the highest rate of mortality, mainly in older adults, or those with underlying health issues. In certain cases, the severity of infection has required some patients to be ventilated to keep oxygen levels steady while they fight to recover.
One main tool at the medical communities’ immediate disposal in the ongoing fight to identify the extent of and treatment for their patient’s respiratory ailment is the Point of Care Ultrasound.
Why is Point of Care Ultrasound Important When it Comes to COVID-19?
Point of Care Ultrasound often referred to as POCUS is a portable ultrasound system that can be used in just about any location, such as at a patient’s bedside in a hospital or nursing home, emergency rooms, clinics and more. It allows sonographers the ability to perform diagnostic ultrasound imaging and deliver focused assessments and diagnosis wherever a patient is located.
Point of Care Ultrasound eliminates the need to transport a patient to a hospital’s radiology department reducing the risk of spreading the virus, stress on the patient, and increases the availability of medical resources for those who need them.
Where are Point of Care Ultrasounds being used?
- Primary Care – reducing the need for patients to be transported to the hospital which reduces exposure risk to healthcare staff and others and reduces stress on the patient.
- Emergency Medicine – quickly identify presenting patients who are suspected of having contracted COVID-19 which reduces the need for CT scans while following isolation requirements.
- Critical Care – ongoing monitoring of patients can be done at the bedside of intensive care patients for fast assessments. Units can be kept in the isolation area to prevent further transmission of the virus.
Which Point of Care Ultrasound Machine will help me deliver the best patient care?
National Ultrasound recommends the Mindray M6 Portable Ultrasound. Mindray’s M6 portable point of care ultrasound is a lightweight unit that is well balanced in capability and size, producing focused assessments and confident diagnosis at the patient’s side. The M6 comes with a high hard drive capacity and allows for uninterrupted scanning with a rechargeable battery. The M6 from Mindray also comes with a specially designed cart with a built-in handle for easy and safe transport.
The Mindray M6 Portable Ultrasound’s lung examination preset delivers high image quality and can be easily used to observe changes in lung conditions. This Mindray portable ultrasound has the ability to quickly identify the clinical presentation of COVID-19 pneumonia in patients. This portable point of care ultrasound can be used to continue to monitor patients who are suffering from this respiratory infection to determine the extent and progression of the infection and response to treatment.
For critically ill patients who require ventilation, the Mindray M6 will effectively measure the airway diameter limit allowing Doctors to quickly select the appropriate ventilation tube diameter. Time is of the essence in these critical situations and the Mindray M6 portability and ease of use assist Doctors in working to save the lives of their patients.
Here is more of what the Mindray M6 has to offer:
- Multi-beam formation – Maximum 8 times tasking for one transmitted beam, resulting in excellent time resolution and higher frame rate.
- iClear™ (Speckle Suppression Imaging) – Sharper and Continuous Edges and Smooth Uniform Tissues
- HR Flow™ – An innovative technology to better visualize tiny vessels and complex flow patterns, based on Mindray’s exclusive processing algorithm.
- UWN Contrast Imaging (Ultra-Wideband Non-linear) – UWN contrast imaging enables M6 to detect and utilize both 2nd harmonic and non-linear fundamental signals, generating images with significant enhancements.
- iTouch™ (Auto Image Optimization) – Gain instant auto image optimization in B, Color and PW Modes on the click of a single key
- IMT (Intima-Media Thickness)
- Smart Track Mindray’s unique function: Continuously track the color flow and optimize the best Color box position and angle in real-time scanning.
- iStation™ Mindray’s unique Patient Information Management System allowing you to integrate, review, archive and retrieve patient data effectively.
- iZoom™ Gain instant full-screen view on the click of a single key
- iStorage™Directly transfer images and reports to PC via network cable
- iRoam™ Wireless data transfer solution
- And More
Learn more about the Mindray M6 portable point of care ultrasound (POCUS). If you have questions please contact our expert sales staff made up of sonographers who are here to answer any questions you have and provide you with a quote.
See our video review of the Mindray M6 portable Point of Care Ultrasound Machine.
About National Ultrasound
Since our founding in 2003, we at National Ultrasound have focused on a single product category: new and used ultrasound systems, parts and probes. We are a company of technicians with more than 250 years of collective experience working with equipment from the six largest ultrasound manufacturers. Our focus on being the best and most knowledgeable in a single industry is what has led to our position as the #1 dedicated ultrasound supplier in the United States and allows us to provide the best equipment and service to health care professionals across the globe.