This week’s ultrasound and medical news highlights, curated by National Ultrasound, Inc.
Ultrasound News Highlights:
- Elastography shows promise for rotator cuff tears
- Ultrasound with a shear-wave elastography (SWE) technique was comparable to MRI for preoperative evaluation of rotator cuff tears, according to a Thursday presentation at the RSNA 2020 virtual meeting.
- Advanced scanning technology that combines MRI with ultrasound can help identify the source of debilitating nerve pain in ‘Long Covid’ patients
- Northwestern University academics combined MRI scans with ultrasound. High-resolution images identify the source of pain in ‘Long Covid’ patients. Can be employed to identify nerve damage and the severity of condition.
- Ultrasound and the Future of Medical Imaging
- To learn more about the new roles that ultrasound may soon be playing in clinical medicine, we spoke with Marie Muller, an expert in the physics of sound and an associate professor in NC State’s Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering.
- Handheld ultrasound is invaluable for COVID-19 imaging
- Handheld ultrasound scanners are invaluable tools for performing imaging in patients with COVID-19, according to a Wednesday presentation at the RSNA 2020 virtual meeting.
- Role of Ultrasound and Magnetic Resonance Imaging in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and musculoskeletal ultrasound (MSUS) may have an important role in the management of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), as both imaging modalities may be helpful in making a diagnosis of RA at a very early stage, influence treatment decisions, and predict disease course, according to a review published in Current Opinion in Rheumatology.
From the National Ultrasound Blog:
- Comparing the New Mindray Z60 to the Mindray Z6
- The Mindray Z60 is the new upgraded model of the Mindray Z6. The Mindray Z60 ultrasound system is the perfect solution for the practice looking to perform consistent ob/gyn, basic cardiac, vascular and general imaging exams.
- Webinar: ModìLite laser thermal ablation treatment of benign thyroid nodules
- During this webinar, ModìLite micro-invasive procedure for the percutaneous laser thermal ablation treatment of BTNs will be presented, with particular attention to the indications, the results reported in the literature and possible future applications.
- Buying a Handheld Ultrasound Machine
- With multiple handheld ultrasound units on the market that offer a variety of features, functionality, and price it can be difficult to narrow it down to just one unit. Whether you’re looking at new or used or refurbished handheld ultrasound there is a variety on the market and working with an expert to help match you with the right unit at the right price.