No products in the cart.
This week’s ultrasound and medical news highlights, curated by National Ultrasound, Inc.
Ultrasound News Highlights:
- Ultrasound effective for identifying in-transit metastases in patients with cutaneous melanoma
- This case series from an Australian institution evaluated the impact of using high-frequency ultrasound examination in patients with melanoma and ITMs, specifically looking at the incidence of additional ITMs, the false-positive rate, and the impact on management.
- High Intensity Focused Ultrasound Hemigland Ablation for Prostate Cancer: Initial Outcomes of a United States Series
- Short-term results of focal high intensity focused ultrasound indicate safety, excellent potency and continence preservation, and adequate short-term prostate cancer control.
- POCUS goes airborne at Canadian helicopter service
- Putting a point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) scanner aboard an emergency helicopter can help medical personnel triage trauma cases for patients in rural areas that are distant from tertiary care hospitals, according to a study by Canadian researchers presented at the recent meeting of the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP).
- Follow-up ultrasound ovarian imaging offers little benefit to patients, experts advise
- …there is a lack of evidence indicating the benefits of such follow-up imaging. Wanting to close this knowledge gap, researchers built a model to estimate increases in life expectancy, surmising that this common practice may be largely unnecessary.
- Ultrasound: The 60-year-old modality of the future
- Ultrasound has been around forever. It suffers from low resolution. It hasn’t had the same buzzworthy advancements seen in other imaging modalities. But that’s changing, thanks to new technologies redefining how ultrasound is performed — and who gets to perform it.
From the National Ultrasound Blog:
- Mindray’s Newest Ultrasound the Mindray Z60 from National Ultrasound
- The New Mindray Z60, updated version of the Z6, contains a new platform with advanced technologies that deliver effective and precise diagnostic exams.
- The New Mindray MX7 Ultrasound Carried by National Ultrasound
- An updated version of the popular M7, the Mindray MX7 is the first portable ultrasound system to include Mindray’s pioneering ZONE Sonography® Technology (ZST+).
- GE Voluson E10 3D Imaging Training Video Demonstration
- Watch our Sonographer show a 3D scan of a 36 week old fetus in this training video demonstration.