No products in the cart.
This week’s ultrasound news highlights, curated by National Ultrasound, Inc.
Weekly Ultrasound News Highlights:
- Chemotherapy drug more effective when combined with microbubbles
- Aiming to increase the precision, researchers created a treatment that involves vaporizing tiny droplets of perfluorocarbon, a common organic material composed of carbon and fluorine.
- High-intensity focused ultrasound helps 91% of prostate cancer patients avoid radical treatment
- Utilizing high-intensity focused ultrasound ablation helps the vast majority of prostate cancer patients avoid radical treatments such as radiation and surgery.
- Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration for PD-L1 testing in non-small cell lung cancer
- Overall, findings revealed that EBUS-TBNA afforded adequate samples for PD-L1 testing.
- Endometriosis: No cure, but diagnosis could avert surgery
- In a review of 35 articles, exploring the accuracy of TVUS for deep infiltrating endometriosis, Deslandes says it rates highly as a valuable, accurate diagnosis tool, apart from DIE detection in the bladder, which requires more data.
- Ultrasound vs. mammo: What’s best for lactating women?
- Ultrasound may be the ideal imaging modality for evaluating palpable breast masses in lactating women, according to the results of a September 1 study in Radiology.
From the National Ultrasound Blog:
- Vascular Point of Care Ultrasound Machines – Entry to Flagship Level Units
- There are a variety of point of care ultrasound machines suited for Vascular ultrasound examinations. National Ultrasound’s expert team, made up of experienced sonographers, has highlighted four units from entry, mid, high and flagship levels.
- Philips Cardiac Ultrasound Machines Entry to Flagship Level
- Our team’s 250+ years of collective experience as technicians allows us to help guide you through the process of selecting a cardiac ultrasound machine best suited to your practice’s needs and budget.
- First Annual Ultrasound Review Contest Round 1 Winners
- 1st round winners announced and their reviews shared: read professional sonographers’ opinions on the Philips Epiq 7.
- First Annual Ultrasound Review Contest Round 2 Winners
- 2nd round winners announced with their reviews shared on the Mindray M5, Samsung RS80a, GE LOGIQ P9, GE LOGIQ E9 and GE LOGIQ E10.