No products in the cart.
This week’s ultrasound news highlights, curated by National Ultrasound, Inc.
Weekly Ultrasound News Highlights:
- Ultrasound shows promise for carpal tunnel diagnosis
- Ultrasound imaging shows promise as a painless way to diagnose carpal tunnel syndrome, according to the findings of a small study published on September 11 in Academic Radiology.
- Black Americans are still dying of cancer at the highest rates
- The U.S. has made significant strides against cancer in the past two decades, with death rates dropping and survivors living longer — but Black Americans are still being left behind.
- Palliative MRI-guided transurethral ultrasound ablation for symptomatic locally advanced prostate cancer.
- The purpose of this study was to evaluate the safety and feasibility of MRI-guided transurethral ultrasound ablation as an alternative palliative treatment option (pTULSA) for men suffering from symptomatic locally advanced prostate cancer.
- Lung ultrasound helps physicians manage COVID-19
- Lung ultrasound scans helped physicians in Europe manage the treatment of two patients with COVID-19 who required mechanical ventilation.
- Expanded Medicaid tied to more thyroid cancer diagnoses
- Expanded Medicaid coverage was linked to the diagnosis of more thyroid cancer cases in a study published on September 16 in JAMA Surgery.
From the National Ultrasound Blog:
- National Ultrasound Partners With Elesta to Sell Elesta EchoLaser in United States
- National Ultrasound has signed an exclusive distribution agreement for the USA with Elesta. A laser unit which can be paired with an ultrasound machine for the micro-invasive, atraumatic, anesthesia-free, outpatient treatment of a number of soft tissue lesions.
- Internal Medicine Point of Care Ultrasound Machines – Entry to Flagship Level Units
- 4 ultrasound machines for Internal Medicine–selected based on their features, options, performance and price to help you identify a unit best suited to fit your practices needs and budget.
- First Annual Ultrasound Review Contest Round 3 Winners
- We announced the third round of contest winners this week with their reviews. Check them out through the link above!